For this week, I focused only on sculpture! That meant absolutely no painting -- aside from painting the edges of some of the sculptures. I started with mimicking the work I've been making for independent study. I felt I needed to start in a place where I was already feeling most creative to get me into the groove. It worked! I mixed air dry porcelain with leftover shredded yarn and kneaded them together to create these tiny animorphic sculptures. I dipped the first few in watered down ink before they dried completely and it created a really nice reddish-brown hue. It was really important to me to make things that still resonated with my paintings and I feel as though the colors in these do that.
For this week, I tried my best to photograph in different ways. I used the same set-up, however I wanted to know what grouping them more closely would look like. I enjoy both equally, but in order to get better images for the website, I figured getting more in one shot would be more helpful. I will probably have to re-photograph a majority of these as these photos were mainly grouped by when I made them so I could keep track of the work I'd already posted.






















Comments
Post a Comment